Saturday, August 8, 2009

Meryl Streep Picture, Video, Wallpaper, Profile, Gossip, and News

Meryl Streep Picture, Video, Wallpaper, Profile, Gossip, and News






Personal Quotes
"I had it (smoking), it stinks". "Entertainment Tonight" (1981).
In 1978: "I'm looking forward to bigger parts in the future, but I'm not doing soft-core scripts where the character emerges in half-light, half-dressed."
(On whether Madonna should play Eva Peron in the film version of Evita (1996) instead of her): "I can sing better than she can. If Madonna gets it, I'll rip her throat out!"
I don't want to spit in the eye of good fortune, but it was weird. I felt like I'd butted in line in front of Lucille Ball, Audrey Hepburn, Katharine Hepburn. Hello? How did this happen? I was only the sixth woman to receive it, but they found 26 men to give it to. I thought that was embarrassing. [on her Lifetime Achievement Award from the AFI]
I thought it was really fun, you've got to understand, but I didn't think it was a serious way to conduct your life. You know, I had a sense of mission. I was a true child of the '60s. [on her view of acting back in college]
I love doing comedy, but people just don't give me enough of a chance. It's one of the reasons I enjoy The Manchurian Candidate (2004) so much. It's because I actually get a chance to be funny.
Let's face it, we were all once 3-year-olds who stood in the middle of the living room and everybody thought we were so adorable. Only some of us grow up and get paid for it.
"You know, there are--there are some days when I myself think I'm overrated, but not today." (When accepting Emmy for "Angels in America" (2003)).
Someone once said that sometimes studio heads don't want to cast films with the image of their first wife in the role. It's just rather unpleasant for them. So they like the idea of the new one.
I loved being someone so certain. Because certainty is just so attractive in people. To me, it's a completely bogus position - for me. Because, you know, I'm listening to every side. But it's so nice not to have to listen to all the different sides. To be so clear and on your track and sure. It's a fabulous thing. Unfortunately, it leads to fanaticism. [on her role in The Manchurian Candidate (2004)]
I think I was wired for family. You know how they say people are wired for religion, or wired for this or that? I always knew I would like to, if I could find the right person, have a family. I can't imagine living single.
I get nervous calling myself an artist. I feel I'm more like an interpreter or a violinist, you know.
"Oh boy, no matter how much you try to imagine what this is like, it's just so incredibly thrilling right down your toes." [On winning the 1983 Best Actress Oscar for Sophie's Choice (1982)].
But ... in my own experience of male and female directors, people have a much, much harder time taking a direct command from a woman. It's somehow very difficult for people.
Sometimes under-preparation is very good, because it instills fear and fear is galvanizing. It makes you break out of yourself. If you're prepared, then you think you're ready, and if you think you're ready, then you're not ready.
I mean, come on; when you have people writing these things, that you're the greatest thing that ever ate scenery, you're dead. You're fucking dead. How can you even presume to begin a new character? It's a killer.
It's a lesson I learned in drama school: the teacher asks, how do you be the queen? And everybody says, 'Oh it's about posture and authority.' And they said, no, it's about how the air in the room shifts when you walk in. And that's everyone else's work.
I really, really depend on the other actors for the confirmation of who I think I am," she says. "And so it's important to me to work with good people that are not worried about how they look. You know. Real actors. They're your blood.
Part of Emmy acceptance speech for "Angels in America" (2003): "Glenn Close is my friend so I know she'll forgive me, Helen Mirren is an acting god, and no one has put a better performance on film than Judy Davis in Life with Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows (2001) (TV). The only one in the group is Emma Thompson, who will hold a grudge for the rest of her life. But who cares?".
[accepting the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical 2007] "I think I've worked with everyone in the room! I have!"
It's hard to negotiate the present landscape with a brain and a female body. (On her struggles as an actress earlier in her career)
My God, I was settling in for a long winter's nap. I've been nominated, like 789 times, but it hasn't been since the Mesozoic Era that I've actually won. (On winning a Golden Globe for Adaptation. (2002)).
It would be nice to have a woman President. I think half the Senate should be women, half of Parliament, half the ruling mullahs. But that will never happen, darling!
[On Dustin Hoffman] He's energized and the greatest combination of the generous and the selfish that ever lived. He wants to be the greatest actor who ever was.
I try to lead as ordinary a life as I can. You can't get spoiled if you do your own ironing.
I don't know what I'd do without my husband. I'd be dead, emotionally at least, if I hadn't met him. He's the greatest. - On her husband
Listening is everything. Listening is the whole deal. That's what I think. And I mean that in terms of before you work, after you work, in between work, with your children, with your husband, with your friends, with your mother, with your father. It's everything. And it's where you learn everything.
There's no road map on how to raise a family: it's always an enormous negotiation. But I have a holistic need to work and to have huge ties of love in my life. I can't imagine eschewing one for the other. - on her marriage
[On life as a young actress] When I was 20 I busked to afford accommodation. One night I hadn't earned enough, I actually slept in the open in Green Park [in London]. The view was of the Ritz Hotel and I vowed I'd stay there one day. And I have.
I hate the [Oscar] campaigning thing. It's unseemly. You should be honored for something. It shouldn't be for whose campaign was better.
My daughters had helped me to stop worrying about my appearance over the years. I wasted so many years thinking I wasn't pretty enough and why didn't I have Jessica Lange's body or someone else's legs? What a waste of time. (February 2009 about her appearance.)
I've been nominated for an Oscar 15 times and won twice, but it still feels like it's happening to someone else. I wish I could feel it more. (2009)
Tash was the warm sun in the center of a large constellation of family, friends, all of those lucky enough to know her - she is irreplaceable in our lives; she gave us so much, so generously - her legacy is the love that connects us all. (on Natasha Richardson's tragic death.)
Salary
The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
$5,000,000
Out of Africa (1985)
$3,000,000




Meryl Streep - AskMen.com
Meryl Streep Women Celebrities Profile _ Biography, Latest Photos, Pics, News, ... Meryl Streep's weighty role ... Meryl Streep, on the other hand, lives from ...www.askmen.com/women/actress_300/352_meryl_streep.html -
Meryl Streep Rox (Meryl Streep Rox) MySpace.com
MySpace profile for Meryl Streep Rox. Find friends, share photos, keep in touch with classmates, and meet new people on MySpace.com.www.myspace.com/meryl_streep_rox -
MySpace.com - got meryl streep?™ - 59 - Female - Manhattan, New York ...
MySpace profile for got meryl streep?™ with pictures, videos, personal blog, interests, ... I LOVE YOU MERYL STREEP!!!! And you will always have a ...www.myspace.com/gotmerylstreep -
AFI Life Achievement Award: Meryl Streep
Meryl Streep has presence, resonating with both audiences and critics for the past 26 years. ... Meryl Streep's unique empathy for diverse women has led ...www.afi.com/tvevents/laa/laa04.aspx -
Meryl Streep
Meryl Streep is a two-time Academy Award-winning and six-time Golden Globe ... The Envelope (LAT): Meryl Streep Just Hiked Her Number of Oscar Nominations ...www.mahalo.com/Meryl_Streep -
Meryl Streep: All About Meryl Streep - Moviefone
Meryl Streep - Actor,Executive Producer - Sydney Pollack -- one of Meryl ... Meryl Streep in Touch with Inner-"Child" ... Meryl Streep on Conan ...www.moviefone.com/celebrity/meryl-streep/1107119/main -
Charlie Rose - Meryl Streep
Meryl Streep is a two-time Academy Award-winning American actress who has worked ... Meryl Streep. Charlie Kaufman. Chris Cooper. Spike Jonze. Nicolas Cage ...www.charlierose.com/guest/view/2091 -
Meryl Streep Picture, Video, Wallpaper, Profile, Gossip, and News at ...
Find anything about Meryl Streep! Meryl Streep Picture, Video, Wallpaper, Profile, Gossip, and News at CelebrityWonder.com ... about Meryl Streep to share? ...www.celebritywonder.com/html/merylstreep.html -
Meryl Streep's fan site
all about Meryl Streep ... One only need look at Meryl Streep's long list of Oscar nominations to realize ... comedy to drama Meryl's remarkable span of ...meryl_streep.justsuperstar.com -
Variety.com - Meryl Streep, Doubt lead actress - Film News, Reviews ...
Looking for all the news, photos, video and links for Meryl Streep in Doubt? ... Meryl Streep's Sister Aloysius has no doubt that Father Flynn (Philip Seymour ...variety.com/index.asp?...&jump=contenders&id=meryl_streep_doubt



sexy singer photos - worldsex girls



myspace sexygirl Comments - facebook Hot Comments